Tuesday, July 07, 2009

General Convention, Day One

Well, I'm here. Here being Anaheim, California for the 76th General Convention of The Episcopal Church. It is a little odd, since I'm not here with any sort of official delegation or deputation and so haven't "connected" with anyone I know as yet. However, I'll be up bright and early tomorrow morning, hoping to reach the Anaheim Convention Center in time to register and get to the Opening Eucharist, if not the first legislative session, by 9:15 a.m. Being an INFP on the Meyers-Brings Type Indicator (MBTI), I'm generally OK with not having a specific plan, but it is a little unnerving to be "flying solo" for the time being. I'm sure that will change tomorrow. Already I have about a half-dozen luncheons, breakfasts, or gatherings to attend, so I doubt seriously that I'll lack for things to do.

Well, a little relaxing and then to bed. Tomorrow is a big day!

No comments: